NOW HIRING: Training Specialist (IDD, EC and BHS) –
The Training Specialist is responsible to present, create and deliver trainings, including New Employee Orientations for all agency wide programs, including but not limited to Intellectual Developmental Disability (IDD), Elder Care (EC) and Behavioral Health Services (BHS) training curriculums. Provides technical and administrative support to the overall training and staff development programs. Through continuous mentoring and training supports the IDD, EC and BHS departments in attaining the highest levels of quality and staff performance consistent with Marc policies, certifying bodies, regulatory, licensing, DES, RBHA, CMS, and other state established training standards. This position works under the supervision of the Training & Development Manager.
- Design, plan, organize, and deliver training programs for internal and external customers to promote person-centered planning and practices.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation (NEO) and works with internal and external customers to ensure completion of all mandated trainings.
- Provides time-limited mentoring for new staff as needed.
- Assist in the development of alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Obtain, organize, or develop training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
- Present information using a variety of adult learning methodologies and instructional techniques and formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, lectures, etc.
- Provides training deliveries at multiple agency locations as well as online live trainings.
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities or program effectiveness.
- Ensure that training information, rosters, certificates, diplomas, and records are entered and maintained in agency database system.
- Prepares reports and sends notifications to employees regarding training compliance.
- Assess training needs through surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for employees regarding their training and available courses.
- Utilize training databases to provide information for employees. Offer specific training to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- In consultation with supervisor, collaborate with program supervisors and instructors to identify new training and development initiatives.
- In consultation with direct supervisor, attend meetings or seminars to obtain information for use in training programs or to inform management of training program status.
- Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment.
- Gathers licensing, program contract requirements, and regulatory requirements for the purpose of providing contract required core training to all programs including IDD, EC, BHS, etc.
- Discusses with supervisor potential compliance issues and launches initiatives that ensure compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of training, communications, education, social work, psychology, rehabilitation, or closely related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience in the caregiving, social work, or case management field.
- Demonstrated work experience in developmental disabilities and/or behavioral health arena.
- First Aid & CPR trainer credentials is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to complete and maintain the instructor certification for Article 9, CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), First Aid/AED, and Prevention & Support.
- Ensure a consistent and quality program in accordance with the agency’s mission, core values, program descriptions, licensing and contract requirements.
- Advanced presentation skills required as the presenter, facilitator, and trainer.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning methodologies and curriculum design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that includes diplomacy, tactfulness, and mindfulness, etc.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills that includes time management, multitasking and prioritizing.
- Proficient level of computer skills that includes eLearning software, SharePoint, and Microsoft suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Access).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience managing tracking systems and software platforms such as Survey Monkey, Relias, etc.
- Ability to maintain higher level of confidentiality regarding any type of employee matters not limited to personal healthcare information.
- Ability to work alternative work schedule that includes weekend and evenings.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, bend, lift and carry up to 15lbs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card and successfully pass background checks.
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have an active and valid driver’s license that meets agency driver eligibility requirements.
- Accountable to the Training and Development Manager, Employee Relations Manager, or designee for all phases of activities.
- Advise, consult, and coordinate with the applicable program staff, interdepartmental and intradepartmental.
- As part the Human Resources Team, foster positive relationships with other units within the human resources team to ensure comprehensive and contractually sound documentation for employee files.
Full Time positions include medical, dental, paid holidays and Paid Time Off accrual,
Access to health coach and wellness incentives. Employer matching 403(b) retirement savings plan. Employees have access to two company fitness centers. Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.