NOW HIRING: Training Specialist –
This position works under the supervision of the Training & Development Coordinator. The person in this position is responsible for creating and delivering courses, trainings, conducting presentations including the New Employee Orientations for all agency wide programs, and training goals. Ensure a consistent and quality program in accordance with the agency’s mission, core values, program descriptions, licensing and contract requirements. Provides orderly delivery of training services through the implementation of applicable standards and maintaining the orderly functioning of training services that promotes person-centered planning and practices. Provides technical and administrative support to the agency’s training and staff development program which supports the Executive Team in attaining the highest levels of quality and staff performance. Demonstrates superior interpersonal skills in the following areas: tactfulness, maturity, flexibility, resourcefulness, professionalism, diplomacy, etc.
- Full Time positions include Medical (H.S.A., H.R.A, F.S.A.), Vision, and Dental, Life/AD&D.
- Employer matching 403(b) retirement savings plan.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Nine paid holidays per year and paid time off accrual.
- Access to health coach and wellness incentives.
- Employees have access to two company fitness centers.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000
- Conduct New Employee Orientation (NEO) and works with internal and external customers to ensure completion of all mandated trainings.
- Design, plan, organize, and deliver training programs for internal and external customers.
- Assist in the development of alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Obtain, organize, or develop training procedure manuals, guides, or course materials, such as handouts or visual materials.
- Present information using a variety of adult learning methodologies and instructional techniques and formats, such as role playing, simulations, team exercises, group discussions, videos, lectures, etc.
- Provides training deliveries at multiple agency locations as well as online live trainings.
- Monitor, evaluate, or record training activities or program effectiveness.
- Ensure that training information, rosters, certificates, diplomas, and records are entered and maintained in agency database system.
- Prepares reports and sends notifications to employees regarding training compliance.
- Assess training needs through surveys, focus groups, etc.
- Act as a point of contact for employees regarding their training and available courses
- Utilize training databases to provide information for employees. Offer specific training to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- In consultation with supervisor, collaborate with program supervisors and instructors to identify new training and development initiatives
- In consultation with direct supervisor, attend meetings or seminars to obtain information for use in training programs or to inform management of training program status.
- Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment.
- Gathers licensing, program contract requirements, and regulatory requirements for the agency for the purpose of providing contract required core training to all programs including IDD, EC, BHSC, etc.
- Discusses with supervisor potential compliance issues and launches initiatives that ensure compliance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in the area of training, communications, education, social work, psychology, rehabilitation, or closely related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in the caregiving, social work, or case management field.
- Demonstrated work experience in the developmental disabilities and behavioral health arena.
- First Aid & CPR trainer credentials is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to complete and maintain the instructor certification for Article 9, CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation), First Aid/AED, and Prevention & Support.
- Advanced presentation skills required as the presenter, facilitator, and trainer.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning methodologies and curriculum design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that includes diplomacy, tactfulness, and mindfulness.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills that includes time management, multitasking and priority setting
- Proficient level of computer skills that includes eLearning software, SharePoint, and Microsoft suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Access).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience managing tracking systems and software platforms such as Survey Monkey, Relias, etc.
- Ability to maintain higher level of confidentiality regarding any type of employee matters not limited to personal healthcare information.
- Ability to work alternative work schedules that includes weekend and evenings.
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged period of time.
- Ability to have stooping, bedding lifting and carrying up to 15lbs.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card and successfully pass background checks.
- Successfully pass pre-employment drug screen
- Must have an active and valid driver’s license that meets agency driver eligibility requirements.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.