NOW HIRING: Shape & Hope BHT –
Establish positive, effective, and professional relationships with person served, families, colleagues and other components of the AHCCCS, Maricopa County Regional Behavioral Health Authority and other stakeholders. Implement quality supports and services which promote person-centered planning and clinically appropriate practices including the following principles for serving individuals enrolled in the Behavioral Health System, including the utilization of Evidenced Based Practices (EBP) as directed.
Agency paid training, Full Time positions include medical, dental, paid holidays and Paid Time Off accrual
Access to health coach and wellness incentives. Employees have access to two company fitness centers. Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000.
- Conducts assessments, determines eligibility, and develops individualized case plans;
- Links individuals/families with community-based housing (utilizing the Housing First/Permanent Supportive Housing, EBP);
- Educates and utilizes community resources;
- Manages financial assistance funds (security deposits, rent etc.);
- Provides case management services in conjunction with community partners;
- Is responsible for Program development, monitoring, and evaluations/fidelity;
- Understands the principles and practices of oversite/supervision and ensuring all staff meet requirements;
- Complete enrollments, Score cards;
- Develop Individualized Service Plans for each participant using the comprehensive assessment;
- Collect all necessary documentation needed to support the individual’s goals and maintain a comprehensive Medical Record;
- Determines and recommends to supervisor the level of financial assistance for eligible participants;
- Prepare requests for financial assistance and submit all required documentation to supervisor for approval;
- Manages and tracks financial assistance funds;
- Collaboratively work with housing specialists to find permanent housing options for program participants
- Interface with landlords whenever necessary to mitigate issues or advocate for participants.
- Provide case management services including, but not limited to: providing appropriate resources, education and tools, to assist participants in achieving their case plan goals;
- Making referrals for services; following up to ensure that the referrals;
- Collaborate with other departments and agency programs, Community Resources, Clinical to maximize participant outcomes, program goals, and agency mission to ensure Coordination of Care;
- Document and maintain up-to-date information on services provided to individuals Medical Record;
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly program reports as directed;
- Monitors and maintains on-call system;
- Completes and provides Clinical Oversite/Supervision as determined by licensure, CARF and Marc’s
- Performs a variety of Covered Services that have encounter value.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Must be at least 21 years old. Requires any combination of training, education, and experience listed below:
- Has a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health;
- Is a registered nurse;
- Is a physician assistant who is not working as a medical practitioner;
- Has a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Has an associate degree and at least two years of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and:
- 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full-time behavioral health work experience, or four years of full-time behavioral health work experience; or is licensed as a practical nurse, according to A.R.S. Title 32, Chapter 15, with at least two years of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Credentialed as a BHT as determined by Marc’s policies.
- Certification of Peer Support Specialist as recognized by the state of AZ;
- Satisfactory work history as determined by the Human Resources.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.