NOW HIRING: Marketing and Communications Director –
Position Summary/Career Interest:
The Communications and Marketing Director for our integrated health system is responsible for the creation and implementation of a strategic, multi-faceted communications program for our various service lines designed to build and strengthen the health systems role and reputation as a leader, as well as support local volume and reputation needs. Manages organization’s internal/external communications activities including advertising, marketing, media relations etc. Directs and oversees communications programs that effectively describe and promote the organization and its products. May conduct market or public opinion research to assess program outcomes. Suggests promotional campaign ideas in various types of media, as well as advise management on effective communication strategies.
This position must be skilled at creating content that engages employees, keeps stakeholders informed and moves consumers to act. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is necessary. This position will be the spokesperson for the organization.
This position reports directly to the Chief Development Officer and collaborates with all areas of communication within the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with leadership to develop and execute strategic communications plans to support the mission, goals and objectives to create strategies that build customer loyalty, brand recognition and patient satisfaction, and drive volume.
- Write or oversee writing of copy for all initiatives, including marketing, media/public relations and internal communications, and working collaboratively with program leadership for approvals.
- Serves in an advisory role to senior management while proposing new ideas and best practices to reach and communicate with desired audiences.
- Attract and retain health plan membership by leading a team on the development of marketing and communications to create awareness of, and engagement in the member experience and meet quality standards and goals.
- Manages public relations initiatives with program leaders as a whole, to include press releases, press mentions, press meetings, white papers, case studies, industry articles, and speaking engagements.
- Correspond with employees to keep them informed of company developments while promoting awareness, productivity and positive image.
- Develop crisis communication plan in coordination with leadership. Participate in issues management processes. Evaluate risk potential, provides public relations counsel, editorial services and crisis planning/response for key strategic initiatives, programs, special projects, events and/or breaking news or potential crises to program divisions and leadership.
- May serve as official spokesperson for organization, as directed, in response to all public relations and media critical issues. Advise, make recommendations, and gain consensus with all those involved in the crisis or event (program division leadership, CEO and Legal Counsel), both in time of internal involvement and as a subject matter expert on external matters.
- Strategizes and leads marketing and branding initiatives in collaboration with other leaders across the organization.
- Develop communication that helps build our brand as well as drive volumes into specific service lines and care areas; and developing internal communication that supports the goals of the overall organization and system.
- Present/serve as brand champion in the market by coaching/guiding on brand in communication, appearance of facilities, appearance of materials, tone and placement of marketing assets, etc. Understand and adhere to overarching integrated healthcare goals and brand strategy.
- Create multi-channel engagement opportunities including website strategy, content creation and social media efforts for marketing solutions. Develops education materials that address the cultural and educational diversity of our membership.
- Analyzes marketing data from numerous sources and adjusts future marketing strategies accordingly.
- Works within budget constraints as determined by executive staff.
- Measures and monitors customer satisfaction, process indicators, quality improvement plans and outcomes in all departments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field;
- Four to seven years of experience in Marketing, Communications or similar field, such as fundraising, public relations/marketing and management;
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs; familiarity with donor tracking and management programs; communication mediums such as print, e-mail, Web content, meetings, promotional items, etc.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, possess and maintain a level one fingerprint clearance, meet and maintain company driving requirements.
- Master’s Degree in Communication or related field;
- Three to five years’ experience in communication strategy, execution and ROI tracking;
- Experience in a health care delivery system strongly desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing corporate communication plans.
- Demonstrated commitment to accountability, measuring outcomes and a results-oriented culture.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to creatively develop and articulate product vision, features and value propositions.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship-building and leadership skills.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization and participate on multi-functional teams.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask; Ability to work at a detailed level while maintaining an overall project perspective.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other internal departments and outside vendors using a variety of communication mediums.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT (This position may include the following situations)
Sitting, Standing, Lifting 15 lbs., Typing, Pushing, Driving, Other: Travels 50%
Standard work schedule: 08: 00 am – 5:00 pm with flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Full Time positions include Medical (H.S.A., H.R.A, F.S.A.), Vision, and Dental, Life/AD&D.
- Employer matching 403(b) retirement savings plan.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Nine paid holidays per year and paid time off accrual.
- Access to health coach and wellness incentives.
- Employees have access to two company fitness centers.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.