NOW HIRING: Health Integration Specialist –
The Health Integration Specialist has a vital role in Marc’s Health Integration Plan and assist clients under the Adult GMHSU funding coordinate physical health needs with behavioral health needs. The Health Integration Specialist works out of OTC Florian and reports to the Site Manager. This person’s overarching responsibilities are to establish professional and effective relationships with PCP Practices and other Behavioral Health agencies to assist our members obtain all their needed services.
Assist individuals in coordinating their behavioral health and physical health care needs to improve health status and collaborates with the Adult Recovery team to implement an integrated care plan.
- Provides support and assistance to clients in obtaining adequate physical and behavioral health needs
- Knowledgeable regarding integrated care concepts
- Close follow up with clients with significant health needs.
- Assist clients with Health Literacy
- Provides health education to clients and/or their families
- Assists client with Health Information Exchange
- Monitors Health Information Exchange
- Provides coordination between physical and behavioral health service providers
- Acts as liaison between physical and behavioral health providers.
- Facilitates follow up between PCP, Specialists and Behavioral Health Medical Providers
- Assists with creating and generating reports as scheduled or when needed.
- Utilizes team to discuss, enhance and resolve issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Typing/Writing/Reading in English
- Visual and Auditory Acuity (if applicable)
- Finger Dexterity
- Maintain body equilibrium
Essential Mental Functions:
- Detail oriented
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Ability to adapt to frequent interruptions
- Visual monitoring of work environment
- Ability to utilize crisis management
- Ability to assess behavioral situations
- Ability to use computers, scanners, copiers, fax machine, cell phones etc.
- Proficiency in computer usage (i.e. SharePoint, E-mail, Internet, Microsoft Office, Kronos, EHR and all other programs as required).
Health & Safety:
- Maintains a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Ensures that agency procedures, licensing and accreditation standards related to health and safety are maintained.
- Promptly reports to supervisor the malfunction of equipment or building.
- Rational decision making in emergency situations.
- Understands and follows health and safety procedures for co-workers within and outside of the work environment.
- Exhibits good driving habits.
- Excellent positive verbal, non-verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking time to understand points being made.
- Organize data through the use of technical devices to exchange accurate and organized information.
- Work cooperatively with and contribute to effective teamwork.
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal skills in the areas of tactfulness, maturity, flexibility, resourcefulness, professionalism, diplomacy, reasoning and decisiveness.
- To be results and people oriented with the ability to balance business considerations with service delivery intent.
- Uses positive tone of voice with co-workers and individuals within and outside of Marc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and at least 3 years of combined behavioral health and physical health experience; experience related to integrated care models
- Associates degree preferred
- Requires strong customer service skills
- Requires a great attention to detail
- Microsoft Office experience which includes Word, Outlook and Excel skills
- Accurate data entry skills, ability to coordinate the completion of multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Problem solving, and conflict resolution skills, with use of discretion and judgment a necessity.
Full Time positions include medical, dental, paid holidays and Paid Time Off accrual,
Access to health coach and wellness incentives. Employer matching 403(b) retirement savings plan. Employees have access to two company fitness centers. Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.