NOW HIRING: Employment Specialist –
Develop and implement support plans or job placement plans. Coordinate the job placement process, including: reviewing appropriateness of referrals, providing job seeking skills instruction, establishing contact and maintaining rapport with employers for job development, and coordinating transportation to job interviews as needed. Maintain employer business and the current labor market. Coordinate job placement services for work stations in industry and competitive and supported employment positions
- Full Time positions include Medical (H.S.A., H.R.A, F.S.A.), Vision, and Dental, Life/AD&D.
- Employer matching 403(b) retirement savings plan.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Nine paid holidays per year and paid time off accrual.
- Access to health coach and wellness incentives.
- Employees have access to two company fitness centers.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000
- Ensure the maintenance of departmental operations to achieve compliance with contract requirements, accreditation, licensing and monitoring standards, agency procedures, Federal/State/Local regulations and all other licensing/regulatory agencies as directed. Adhere to current training requirements and applicable accreditation and licensing/regulatory standards and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic Clinical Health (HITECH ) requirements.
- Ensure the coordination of information and confidentiality of communications within the agency. Coordinate information and contribute to the successful resolution of challenges.
- Demonstrate and maintain professional and productive working relationships with all agency departments, staff, individuals receiving services, families utilizing or inquiring about services, funding sources and the community. Demonstrate the ability to read, assimilate and recall with marked proficiency applicable written information. Relay information accurately, promptly and efficiently.
- Communicate and establish rapport with the employer and workforce at job sites. Troubleshoot and help solve problems between the employer and individuals or between employer and other staff. Ensure the provision of quality services in Employment Related Services. Assist with the valuation results in relation to established goals.
- Assist with marketing and procurement of work sites and business contracts. Assist in the development of a quality time study analysis on all work sites and contracts secured. Develop and implement support plans or job placement plans.
- Coordinate the job placement process, including: reviewing appropriateness of referrals, providing job seeking skills instruction, establishing contact and maintaining rapport with employers for job development, and coordinating transportation to job interviews as needed. Maintain employer business and the current labor market. Coordinate job placement services for work stations in industry and competitive and supported employment positions. Maintain responsibility for follow-up of individuals placed into competitive and supported employment; provide training and orientation to job as needed. Adhere to the philosophy of normalization and community integration as appropriate for assigned individuals. Facilitate or attend staffing’s on assigned caseload, presenting information in a professional manner while actively involving individual and other support plan team members.
- Make or review recommendations for individual movement into employer based services. Complete all necessary individual and work site analysis pertaining to employer-based services, provide training specific to job as needed. Perform Marc intake and orientation of new individuals as assigned by ERS Employment Specialist II. Demonstrate awareness of behavioral health CSA (Community Service Agency) policies and procedures as mandated by the Arizona Office of Behavioral Health Licensure and the Department of Health Services.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of administrative tasks, including: payroll, attendance, weekly data sheets, monthly summaries, and staffing packets. Attend meetings and actively participate in internal/external committees. Maintain documentation on support plan objectives and job placement services. Act as a liaison between Marc C.R. and Vocational Rehabilitation personnel. Assist with Rehabilitation Services Administration monthly billings.
- Ensure that agency procedure, licensing, monitoring, certification, regulatory and accreditation standards related to health and safety are maintained. Be aware of individual’s physical restrictions and medical concerns
- Obtain maximum performance of assigned staff by clearly defining duties, establishing performance standards, recommending competitive salary structure, motivating enhanced effectiveness and leading by example. Complete assigned duties relating to staff in the areas of: hiring, supervision, evaluation, discipline and termination. As assigned, supervise staff and complete performance evaluations, provide training and guidance to ERS staff, and ensure staff is providing on-going programming to individuals served. Monitor staff documentation of support plan objectives and completion of all reports. May substitute for ERS positions during vacations, absences, or when assigned.
- Have knowledge of modern principles, methods and techniques of administration and program planning. Demonstrate ability to develop and revise departmental systems. Demonstrate ability to utilize crisis management procedures. Demonstrate superior marketing skills. Demonstrate current knowledge of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent work habits to include, but not limited to the following: time management, initiative, organizational skills, attendance and punctuality, completion of work assignments, role modeling, leadership, organizational skills, and multitasking. Have a high energy level with an ability to perform multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and support the assigned site’s preferences and priorities as related to the mission statement.
- All other duties as assigned.
Essential Mental Functions:
- Problem Solving
- Advanced math, calculator and computer skills
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Visual monitoring of work environment
- Ability to assess behavioral situations
- Ability to utilize crisis management
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Ability to ambulate safely/maintain balance
- Ability to lift objects from the floor and move them
- Ability to follow and understand commands
- Lifting (over 50 pounds, two person lift)
- Twisting /Turning
- Visual Acuity
- Maintain body equilibrium
- Finger Dexterity
- Computer usage (i.e. Cell phones, GPS devices, tablets, Share Point, E-mail, Internet, Bosted, Kronos, Next Gen or other programs as required;
- Pallet jacks, blister packs, conveyor belts, and other industrial related equipment (as applicable);
Health and Safety:
- Maintain a safe and hazard free work environment;
- Ensure that agency procedure, licensing, monitoring, certification, regulatory and accreditation standards related to health and safety are maintained;
- Promptly reports to supervisor the malfunction of equipment, or vehicles (if applicable);
- Ensure that regular inspections of hazardous chemicals are conducted in order to ensure the appropriate labeling of chemical containers.
- Promptly reports potential infections/infestations, accidents and incidents;
- Assess and respond appropriately to emergency situations;
- Understands and follows health and safety procedures for the individual, co-workers within and outside of the work environment;
- Communicate with integrity and honesty, clearly and concisely, and in a respectful manner to all team members.
- Organize data through the use of technical devices to organize and exchange accurate information;
- Communicate information to others in a positive, enthusiastic and understandable method.
- Work cooperatively with and contribute to effective teamwork;
- Demonstrate ability to get along with diverse personalities, establish credibility, and be decisive.
- Dependable, reliable, as well as professional within the workplace and community at all times;
- Uses positive tone of voice with co-workers, individuals and family members/guardians, funding sources;
- Demonstrate skills in: tactfulness, maturity, flexibility, resourcefulness, professionalism, diplomacy, reasoning, and decisiveness.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires any combination of training, education, and/or experience equal to a high school diploma or GED (General Equivalency Diploma).
- Minimum of one-year experience in the field of rehabilitation or two years experience working with individuals with both physical and mental disabilities in an employment setting.
- Satisfactory work record as determined by the Human Resources Department.
- Successful completion of Marc’s training program to the satisfaction of departmental/agency requirements.
- Substantial experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance and meet agency personnel requirements.
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to meet Marc driver eligibility requirements, as applicable.
- Manual dexterity to include, but not limited to stooping, bending, lifting, and carrying.
- Must be able to provide/obtain proof of tetanus immunization.
- Successfully complete a post-offer skills and abilities examination as defined by a licensed occupational or physical therapist, as required.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.