NOW HIRING: BHS Behavioral Health Technician- meds only –
Implement a consistent and quality program which promotes person-centered planning and clinically appropriate practices at assigned work sites aligned with the agency’s mission statement. Maintain the orderly functioning of services through current procedures and applicable standards and regulations. Provide services that are recovery oriented, person centered, incorporate active treatment, are developmentally/age appropriate, culturally sensitive and show respect and dignity. This position is located in the outpatient clinic. The BHT is respnosible for intakes, assesments, annual updates and discharge summaries.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written, and electronic communication and ensure coordination of information and confidentiality of communications within the agency.
- Communicate pertinent information via Progress notes.
- Communicate effectively in a positive, professional manner and deal tactfully with staff and individuals receiving services.
- Maintain professional and productive working relationships with all agency stakeholders.
- Ensure the maintenance of departmental operations to achieve compliance with contract requirements, Federal/State/Local regulations and all other licensing/regulatory agencies as directed. Ensure the provision of quality services and the provision of staff coverage/ratios the provision of staff coverage/ratios at assigned BHS sites.
- Adhere to current training/certification requirements. Adhere to agency policies and procedures to ensure compliance with HIPAA.
- Provide services that meet the unique needs GMH/SA adults/children or people with a serious mental illness, or have co-occurring disorders.
- Completes comprehensive assessments, develops ISPs, assist in accessing community services/resources and completes SMI applications.
- Maintains clinical records standard for GMH clients enrolled in medication management services.
- Be aware of individual physical restrictions, medical concerns, and crisis intervention plans. Ensure the implementation of ISP objectives. Attend Clinical Staffing meetings.
- Provide assistance in acting as a liaison for individual and family concerns. Provide direct care duties, including activities of daily living, as assigned. Redirect and/or stabilize behaviors of clients.
- According to timelines, ensure the accurate completion of administrative tasks and documentation to include, but not limited to; Payroll, ISP documentation, billing/encounters, case records, vehicle mileage reports, fire drills. Implement therapeutic recreational programs for individuals receiving services.
- Ensure that agency procedures, licensing and accreditation standards related to health and safety are maintained. Observe for, and immediately respond to, any reported health and safety concerns or violations. As necessary, complete, process and report incident/accident reports accurately and in a timely manner. Ensure that periodic inspections of hazardous chemicals are conducted in order to ensure the appropriate labeling of chemical containers.
- Demonstrate knowledge of modern principles, methods, and assessments as related to behavioral health evidence-based practices.
- Complete all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor, Coordinator, Director or designee.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Requires any combination of training, education, and experience listed below:
- High school diploma or high school equivalency diploma (GED) and:
- 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before beginning to provide behavioral health services and 2 years of full-time behavioral health work experience; or,
- 4 years of full time behavioral health work experience, or,
- Associate’s degree in behavioral health related field and two years of full-time behavioral health work experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in non-behavioral health related field and one year behavioral health work experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health; or,
- Licensed as a practical nurse with at least two y ears of full-time behavioral health work experience.
- Registered nurse; or,
- Physician assistant who is not working as a medical practitioner and two years of behavioral health work experience; or,
- Master’s degree in a non-behavioral health related field and 30 semester hours in behavioral health education and two years behavioral health work experience; or,
- Master’s degree in behavioral health related field.
- Must be skilled in the use of computer hardware, software, and related office equipment.
Agency paid training, Full Time positions include medical, dental, paid holidays and Paid Time Off accrual
Access to health coach and wellness incentives. Employees have access to two company fitness centers. Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.