NOW HIRING: Behavioral Health Technician (Residential Services) –
Residential BHT works to support individual with sub-acute complex care needs that have need assistance maintaining psychiatric stability. BHT will help individuals in home setting with observation of self-administered medication, enhancing insight into their complex care needs, lead/facilitate psychoeducational groups in the community, assist de-escalate behaviors (i.e. physical aggression, verbal aggression, self-injurious behavior) and other crisis situations.
- Observe the self-administration of medication by people served;
- Adequately assess the presentation of individuals with complex care needs and respond with interpersonal effectiveness;
- Coordinate care with external providers;
- As applicable; assist, teach, coach, and mentor individuals in skills of daily living to include but is not limited to: housekeeping, personal hygiene and grooming, budgeting, shopping, community activities and community resources;
- Ensure the daily completion of goals identified in the persons ISP, Behavior Plan, or Vision Recovery;
- Demonstrate skills in planning, implementing, and coordinating health promotion strategies including health and wellness activities;
- Work collaboratively with family, clinical teams, guardians and behavioral health professionals to coordinate services identified in the ISP, and as necessary attend monthly interdisciplinary team meetings;
- Intervene and help de-escalate individual’s behaviors during crisis situations, which may include the following behaviors: physical aggression, verbal aggression and threatening, property destruction, self-injurious behaviors and elopement from community or placement.
- Ability to provide transportation services for individuals as necessary to support needs established in ISP;
- As applicable; assist in the planning and preparation of menus consisting of well balanced meals and meeting applicable diet needs as required;
- Attend scheduled training and supervisor meetings, as assigned by supervisor;
- Willing and able to work with all individuals living in residential placements
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to agency policies, licensure.
- Valid paperwork/Documentation meeting required timelines;
- Intermediate computer skills including the ability to input all required data;
- All other job duties as assigned;
- Full Time positions include Medical (H.S.A., H.R.A, F.S.A.), Vision, and Dental, Life/AD&D.
- Employer matching 403(b) retirement savings plan.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Nine paid holidays per year and paid time off accrual.
- Access to health coach and wellness incentives.
- Employees have access to two company fitness centers.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 21 years old. Requires any combination of training, education, and experience listed below:
- Has a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health;
- Has a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Has an associate degree and at least two years of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and:
- 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full-time behavioral health work experience, or
- Four years of full-time behavioral health work experience; or
- Satisfactory work history as determined by the Human Resources.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.