NOW HIRING: Behavioral Health Technician (ISS) 1:1 Support Staff –
Marc Community Resources is seeking a qualified 1:1 support staff to join our growing team! The 1:1 support staff provides direct supportive services to assist individuals with complex healthcare needs enrolled in Intensive Support Services to make positive and meaningful behavior changes in order to live a healthy lifestyle. The 1:1 support staff facilitates an environment that teaches individuals how to develop the necessary skills to live more independently in the community, as identified in their individual service plan (ISP).
Key responsibilities include:
- Ability to work with individuals with acute behavioral needs;
- Demonstrate an understanding of ISP goals for all individuals enrolled in ISS services;
- Follow and implement intervention strategies and treatment recommendations to help individuals facilitate positive behavior change;
- Work collaboratively with family, clinical teams, guardians and behavioral health professionals to coordinate services identified in the ISPs;
- Support individuals as they learn to replace acute behaviors with functionally equivalent and healthy behaviors to achieve optimal health and wellness;
- Intervene and help de-escalate individual’s behaviors during crisis situations, which may include the following behaviors: physical aggression, verbal aggression and threatening, property destruction, self-injurious behaviors and elopement from home or community;
- Ability to communicate effectively with emergency services personnel and clinical teams during crisis situations;
- Teach individuals skills of daily living to assist with living successfully in the community, such as meal planning and cooking, budgeting, cleaning and hygiene;
- Assist with developing a daily schedule to help individuals engage in meaningful daytime activities and assist with planning activities to promote health and wellness;
- Assist with scheduling and attending all necessary appointments with individuals;
- Ability to provide transportation services for individuals, if identified in the ISP;
- Provide line of sight supervision to individuals being served throughout shift, unless otherwise specified;
- Willing and able to work with all individuals enrolled in ISS services, at various sites;
- Complete timely and comprehensive documentation that accurately captures services rendered during shift;
- Complete incident reports in timely manner, if necessary;
- Complete all program specific paperwork, such as behavior data collection and communication logs;
- Attend staffings, trainings, and supervision meetings, as assigned by supervisor;
- Demonstrate the ability to follow ISS services policies and protocols;
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to agency policies and licensure requirements, including all training requirements;
- Demonstrate intermediate computer skills including the ability to input all required data;
- Maintain billable hour requirement as assigned by supervisor;
- All other job duties as assigned
- Full Time positions include Medical (H.S.A., H.R.A, F.S.A.), Vision, and Dental, Life/AD&D.
- Participation in company provided 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit
- Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Nine paid holidays per year and paid time off accrual.
- Access to health coach and wellness incentives.
- Employees have access to two company fitness centers.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 21 years old. Requires any combination of training, education, and experience listed below:
- Has a master’s degree or bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health;
- Has a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Has an associate degree and at least two years of full-time behavioral health work experience;
- Has a high school diploma or high school equivalency diploma and:
- 18 credit hours of post-high school education in a field related to behavioral health completed no more than four years before the date the individual begins providing behavioral health services and two years of full-time behavioral health work experience, or
- Four years of full-time behavioral health work experience; or
- Satisfactory work history as determined by the Human Resources.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.