NOW HIRING: Behavioral Health Employment Specialist –
Summary of Position:
Develop and implement support plans or job placement plans. Coordinate the job placement process at assigned clinic (co-located) including: reviewing appropriateness of referrals, providing job seeking skills instruction, establishing contact and maintaining rapport with employers for job development, and coordinating transportation to job interviews as needed. Maintain employer business and the current labor market. Coordinate job placement services for work stations in industry and competitive and supported employment positions.
Agency paid training, Full Time positions include medical, dental, paid holidays and Paid Time Off accrual
Access to health coach and wellness incentives. Employees have access to two company fitness centers. Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000.
- Ensure the maintenance of departmental operations to achieve compliance with contract requirements, accreditation, licensing and monitoring standards, agency procedures, Federal/State/Local regulations and all other licensing/regulatory agencies as directed. Adhere to current training requirements and applicable accreditation and licensing/regulatory standards and compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and Health Information Technology for Economic Clinical Health (HITECH ) requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent oral, written and electronic communication. Ensure the coordination of information and confidentiality of communications within the agency. Coordinate information and contribute to the successful resolution of challenges.
- Demonstrate and maintain professional and productive working relationships with all agency departments, staff, individuals receiving services, families utilizing or enquiring about services, funding sources and the community. Communicate information to others in a positive, enthusiastic and understandable method. Relay information accurately, promptly and efficiently. Communicate and establish rapport with the employer and workforce at job sites. Troubleshoot and help solve problems between the employer and individuals or between employer and other staff. Ensure the provision of quality services in Employment Related Services. Assist with the valuation results in relation to established goals.
- Assist with marketing and procurement of work sites and business contracts. Assist in the development of a quality time study analysis on all work sites and contracts secured. Develop and implement support plans or job placement plans.
- Coordinate the job placement process at assigned clinic (co-located) including: reviewing appropriateness of referrals, providing job seeking skills instruction, establishing contact and maintaining rapport with employers for job development, and coordinating transportation to job interviews as needed. Maintain employer business and the current labor market. Coordinate job placement services for work stations in industry and competitive and supported employment positions.
- Maintain responsibility for follow-up of individuals placed into competitive and supported employment; provide training and orientation to job as needed. Adhere to the philosophy of normalization and community integration as appropriate for assigned individuals. Facilitate or attend staffing’s on assigned caseload, presenting information in a professional manner while actively involving individual and other support plan team members.
- Make or review recommendations for individual movement into employer based services. Complete all necessary individual and work site analysis pertaining to employer-based services, provide training specific to job as needed. Perform Marc intake and orientation of new individuals as assigned by ERS Supported Employment Manager. Demonstrate awareness of behavioral health CSA (Community Service Agency) policies and procedures as mandated by the Arizona Office of Behavioral Health Licensure and the Department of Health Services.
- Ensure the accurate and timely completion of administrative tasks, including: payroll, attendance, weekly data sheets, monthly summaries, and staffing packets. Attend meetings and actively participate in internal/external committees. Maintain documentation on support plan objectives and job placement services. Act as a liaison between Marc and referring agency personnel.
- Ensure that agency procedure, licensing, monitoring, certification, regulatory and accreditation standards related to health and safety are maintained. Be aware of individual’s physical restrictions and medical concerns.
- Obtain maximum performance of assigned staff by clearly defining duties, establishing performance standards, recommending competitive salary structure, motivating enhanced effectiveness and leading by example. Complete assigned duties relating to staff in the areas of: hiring, supervision, evaluation, discipline and termination. As assigned, supervise staff and complete performance evaluations, provide training and guidance to ERS staff, and ensure staff is providing on-going programming to individuals served. Monitor staff documentation of support plan objectives and completion of all reports. May substitute for ERS positions during vacations, absences, or when assigned.
- Have knowledge of modern principles, methods and techniques of administration and program planning. Demonstrate ability to develop and revise departmental systems. Demonstrate superior marketing skills. Demonstrate current knowledge of ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent work habits to include, but not limited to the following: time management, initiative, organizational skills, attendance and punctuality, completion of work assignments, role modeling, leadership, organizational skills, and multitasking.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize and support the assigned site’s preferences and priorities as related to the mission statement.
- All other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires any combination of training, education, and/or experience equal to a high school diploma or GED (General Equivalency Diploma). Prefer Bachelor’s Degree or experience equal to Bachelor’s.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the field of rehabilitation or two years’ experience working with individuals with both physical and mental disabilities in an employment setting.
- Satisfactory work record as determined by the Human Resources Department.
- Prefer one year demonstrated responsible supervisory experience.
- Successful completion of Marc Center’s training program to the satisfaction of departmental/agency requirements.
- Substantial experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance and meet agency personnel requirements.
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to meet Marc Center driver eligibility requirements, as applicable.
- Manual dexterity to include, but not limited to stooping, bending, lifting, and carrying.
- Must be able to provide/obtain proof of tetanus immunization.
- Successfully complete a post-offer skills and abilities examination as defined by a licensed occupational or physical therapist, as required.
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.