NOW HIRING: Accounting Manager –
Summary of Position:
Monitor and ensure the provision of quality services in the Accounting Department. Prepare, submit and reconcile all monthly billings for services rendered in a timely manner. Facilitate the planning, organization, and direction of the Accounting Department and establishing and maintaining an efficient organizational structure for assigned service areas. Ensure department personnel are completing all internal control steps in a timely manner. Ensure systems back-up recovery processes are in place if systems go down.
- Maintain departmental operations to achieve compliance with federal/state/local regulations and all other licensing/regulatory agencies as directed. Adherence to agency policies and procedures to ensure compliance and HIPAA requirements.
- Review the Accounts Receivable Aging Reports and aggressively follow up on all denials and non-payments to ensure the collections of all receivables.
- Assist in the annual budget process, external audits and special projects
- Demonstrate ability to work with Great Plains, Kronos, Yardi or any other accounting programs as required.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting principles and general business practices.
- Demonstrate ability to spot calculation errors and correct them.
- Develop and revise departmental systems.
- Attend meetings as assigned; implement all approved policy changes as directed.
- Learn and assimilate knowledge of modern principles, methods and techniques of accounting and not-for-profit organizations.
- Visual Acuity
- Finger Dexterity
- Maintain body equilibrium
Essential Mental Functions:
- Detail oriented
- Ability to adapt to frequent interruptions
- Critical Thinking
- Judgment and Decision Making
- Visual monitoring of work environment
- Ability to utilize crisis management
- Ability to assess behavioral situations
- Ability to use computers, scanners, copiers, fax machine, cell phones etc.
- Proficiency in computer usage (i.e. SharePoint, E-mail, Internet, Microsoft Office, Kronos, ADP and all other programs as required).
Health & Safety:
- Maintains a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Promptly reports to supervisor the malfunction of equipment or building.
- Rational decision making in emergency situations.
- Understands and follows health and safety procedures for co-workers within and outside of the work environment.
- Exhibits good driving habits.
- Excellent positive verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills.
- Active Listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying and taking time to understand points being made.
- Organize data through the use of technical devices to exchange accurate and organized information.
- Work cooperatively with and contribute to effective teamwork.
- Dependable, reliable, exhibit role modeling and leadership as well as professional within the workplace and community at all times.
- To be results and people oriented with the ability to balance business considerations with service delivery intent.
- Uses positive tone of voice with co-workers and individuals within and outside of Marc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Requires any combination of training, education and experience equal to a Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- A minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Satisfactory work record as determined by the Human Resources Department.
- Must have demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office applications.
- Successful completion of Marc’s training program.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Level One fingerprint Clearance.
- Successfully completes a pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to meet Marc’s driver eligibility requirements, as applicable.
- Full Time positions include Medical (H.S.A., H.R.A, F.S.A.), Vision, and Dental, Life/AD&D.
- Employer matching 403(b) retirement savings plan.
- Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Employee Assistance Program
- Nine paid holidays per year and paid time off accrual.
- Access to health coach and wellness incentives.
- Employees have access to two company fitness centers.
- Tuition reimbursement up to $1,000
Marc Community Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.