NOW HIRING: Job Development & Placement Specialist (DD) –
Coordinate the job placement process at assigned sites including: educate and share job development & placement process with all Center-based Employment (CBE) participants and their significant others so they can make an informed decision in regards to service participation; ensure understanding of work on benefits by educating participants and family members on DB101; reviewing appropriateness of referrals, providing job seeking skills instruction; establishing contact and maintaining rapport with employers for job development and coordinating transportation to job interviews as needed.
Maintain employer business relationships and have a working knowledge of current labor market both locally and nationally. Maintain responsibility for follow-up of individuals placed into competitive and supported employment; provide training and orientation to job as needed.
- Requires any combination of training, education, and/or experience equal to a high school diploma or GED (General Equivalency Diploma). Prefer Bachelor’s Degree or experience equal to Bachelor’s.
- Minimum of one-year experience in the field of rehabilitation or two years’ experience working with individuals with both physical and mental disabilities in an employment setting.
- Satisfactory work record as determined by the Human Resources Department.
- Successful completion of Marc’s training program to the satisfaction of departmental/agency requirements.
- Substantial experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to obtain fingerprint clearance and meet agency personnel requirements.
- Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screening.
- Ability to meet Marc driver eligibility requirements, as applicable.
- Manual dexterity to include, but not limited to stooping, bending, lifting, and carrying.
- Must be able to provide/obtain proof of tetanus immunization.